It does take a very disciplined person to work from home. Not saying you
weren't ... but if you do have family, then ground rules need to be laid
and they have to understand when work time is and when play time is.
Before I was totally work at home, I had a contract which required me to
go to an office.

I got FAR less done in the office environment than when I was at home,
allowed to zone on my work, no interruptions.
When we have to "group up" to discuss projects we do, it's just a
different method. We have WebEx, telephone conferences, web cam if
absolute need be. Or we actually go see a client or they come to us. we
have one coming to us the end of March because he wants a face to face
and to go out to dinner. Socialize.

Right now my only interruptions are the ones I allow to interupt me like
answering emails such as this :P :D or volunteering my efforts to
greyhound adoption programs. Though the phone rings sometimes. :D

I was dead serious about the money thing. I don't expect to be a
millionaire. Would like to ... but more important to me is having enough
to pay the bills every month, feed us, clothe us, have a nice house, and
enjoy each other's company with some 4 legged friends. It's ESPECIALLY
nice to have the animals around all day.

Some people can achieve that AND comute to an office, work for someone
else, or even themselves ... I just can't. Been working from home now
for 5 years. Our home office is set up nicely too. Not fancy, but nice!
:D

Look: http://www.weberika.com/images/officepanorama.jpg

Cheers,
Erika

From: Jim Campbell

That's interesting, since I think I'd like to avoid working from home
anymore.  Too many distractions for me, and I really do better
separating my work time from my home time.  I did some 1099 work last
year, some from home, and found working from home far more distracting,
especially since the kids were around.  At the office, it's a lot easier

to casually approach issues and group up to discuss projects and the
like.