  From: Ben Braver
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 12:45 PM
  Subject: Re: .ASP security question

  Searched the code for "password" and found this:

  //Retrieve username and password from previous form
  var oUser = Request.Form("uName");
  var oPass = Request.Form("pWord");

  //Open database connection
  var tblAuth = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");
  var strSQL = "Select * FROM Authentication";
  oConn.Open(oConnString);
  tblAuth.Open(strSQL, oConn);

  Just below this fragment, it tries to match uName and pWord
  against the recordset, decides whether to grant or deny.

  But still puzzling me is how the ADODB recordset can be created
  without having a password to the Access database ??

  -Ben