I've really got to ask the brand of crack your smoking here. This is the silliest thing I've heard in a long while. Any CF pro would find the problem within about 5 minutes. This is not a common error (nor is access 2k a common used DB) so after the ODBC, the security is the second or third thing to look at.
And that's all besides the fact that no one used the internal server for 'real' work. It's not for public use and not representitive of a true production environment.
Finally, if a client wanted to be evil, jumping through such a childish hoop to not pay would not only fail but make the client look like a total fool.
Bottom line is that I see no sense in your original post.

> If one wants to get a job done with paying.  Let's say, a parsing job,
> to read a large text file, getting rid of noise, capture sets of data
> and save them to a database.  And the environment is as follows: CF6.1
> on Windows XP dev box, MM internal server and Access 2000.
>
> And if "I" want to be the evil person (not to pay the bill for
> service):
> I would
> a) Set security under CF admin enabled and the "zyzds" datasource
> disabled.
>
> Result, the user would encounter the following error when executing
> the parser
> "
> The following is the internal exception message: access denied
> (coldfusion.sql.DataSourcePermission xyzds)
> "
>
> Other than the above a) anything else would allow "me" to be so evil
> to generate the above error?

TIA