This is not a desirable way to spend my time but got to defend myself when being attacked,yes attacked.

Quick comments (could be thoughtless but hope not):
1. I knowledge use the word, "evil" is a bit strong, but "wicked" might be better but you use "reverse role thinking", if you were bidding on a task to parse a large text file and given a sample, which was at all indicative of the real parsing job, and you won it, then, the person send you a real large text file for the parser you've written, you immediately realized that too much "noise" in the real file, you asked the person politely why didn't you send me a sample file is more like the real one,
the person never respond to that, my speculation, "look, I gave you the job, that's good enough, who are you to question me? I'm going to teach you a lession..." ...
2. Most of the follow-ups to this thread, as correctly pointed out by Charles, were not productive, they did not respond to the subject matter, instead,playing with words, if you consider that's fun, the fun could be at the expense of others, that's your morale standard, no further comment from me.
3. On the use of MM internal server, this is not a production environment, it's for mainly for demo.
4. I learned the word, self-respect (referring to one particular individual here) long time ago.  To demonstrate that, I refrain from responding to some of the previous thread.  I don't like to have enemies but am afraid of despicable one.
5. I've also be observant about certain person on this forum, at one time, I knew my posting and interaction would likely create rapport with folks here, but that posting of mine would not show up or show up a few days late (its value totally lost).  I don't know if person of that religion are mostly like him.

> If one wants to get a job done with paying.  Let's say, a parsing job,
> to read a large text file, getting rid of noise, capture sets of data
> and save them to a database.  And the environment is as follows: CF6.1
> on Windows XP dev box, MM internal server and Access 2000.
>
> And if "I" want to be the evil person (not to pay the bill for
> service):
> I would
> a) Set security under CF admin enabled and the "zyzds" datasource
> disabled.
>
> Result, the user would encounter the following error when executing
> the parser
> "
> The following is the internal exception message: access denied
> (coldfusion.sql.DataSourcePermission xyzds)
> "
>
> Other than the above a) anything else would allow "me" to be so evil
> to generate the above error?

TIA