> > And since you asked about sending a signal from your TiVo to
> > other TVs, some distributors have multiple inputs too. So you
> > can get a 3-way in/8-way out for instance.
> >

> When used like this - where does the signal go? Ie, assume I'm sending
video
> from a PC back to the splitter, how do I watch it?

You need a channel modulator to assign it to an unused channel.

Here's the link I gave before:
http://www.hometech.com/techwire/lvcoax.html

I haven't used the modulator on that page, but I've seen the Leviton
equipment at most home stores like Menards and HomeDepot. The contractors
who did my install used equipment from FutureSmart.
http://www.futuresmart.com/index.jsp

It's pretty cool. I've got a wall-mounted patch panel (like an electric
breaker box) in the basement that has all my cable, phone and internet in
one place. It cost about $2K for the contractors to add it to the existing
house. Usually, they prefer to build it in on new houses, but I didn't have
that luxury. They pulled a combination of wires to every room in the house
that included 2 RG-6 and 2 Cat5e all wrapped together. There was an option
to include fiber, but I didn't think I needed to spend the extra.

-Kevin