See now, you all got me thinking about needing another one.  I'm chedderslam.  :P

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3084111013&category=62054&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBBI%3AIT&rd=1> &item=3084111013&category=62054&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBBI%3AIT&rd=1

8 minutes heehee
-----Original Message-----
From: Smith, Matthew P -CONT(CSC)
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 2:53 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: ps2 and mod chips

I actually do just buy the games, though usually used if I can find it.  Now, those of lesser morals might be inclined to use burnt dvd-r games, the bastards.  :P

1. put in a big hd(I think 120 is the biggest it will take.  You can put the iso of the game on there and the modded bios has a custom interface that lets you select the game and you just play that.
2. you can put linux on there, and then a media center package on that. I'm eyeing the freevo on sourceforge someone mentioned a week or so ago for either an additional xbox or my old, OLD gateway destination.
3. it has Ethernet, and a usb adapter is also available with the mod chip.  Throw one of those free wireless adapters that was on here a few weeks back and you can just map a drive or stream your media from the file server to the modded box.
4. linux/apache/mysql server for ~170$?  Yes, please.  I've heard of people having racks of Xboxes for server farms.
5. etc etc etc

Matthew P. Smith
Web Developer, Object Oriented
Naval Education & Training Professional