Hi,

I know there are a fair few musicians on this list, and some of you even do some recording. Well, my wife is a singer/songwriter and we'd like to put some stuff down on a cd for practice and who-knows?

So what's a good app for doing this sort of thing in? I'm working with a 1.1ghz Athlon, 128 MB, Win2K, onboard sound card on a Chaintech board, 4x CD burner. (I have more patience than money right now.)

What's the minimum I would need to do software and hardware wise with this box to help my wife lay down some half-decent tracks? (Picking up the lingo already! Yeah, I'm kewl. Okay, maybe not.)

Jeff, Bueller, Anyone....?

~Guy
http://guymcdowell.hopto.org