--Original Message Text---
From: Bushy
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:10:37 -0500

ok...I increased the sessioned variables from 20 minutes (default) to 12 hours. I'll see what happens now. Application variables were set to 2 hours.

--Original Message Text---
From: Ian Skinner
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:35:12 -0800

<cfapplication name="MyApplication" clientmanagement="Yes"
sessionmanagement="Yes"
sessiontimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,12,0,0)#"
applicationtimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,12,0,0)#">

You may not be able to set a 12 hour timeout with the <cfapplication...> tag, if the MAXIMUM setting in the Cold Fusion Administrator [{cfmxroot}/CFIDE/ADMINISTRATOR/INDEX.CFM] Memory
Variables is less this this. If I recall correctly the default maximum in the Administrator is 2 hours. Even if you set the timeout in the tag to be 365 days, the session will timeout in 2 hours or whatever
this overriding timeout is, ours has been upped to 2 days. There is also a default timeout value in the administrator under the Memory Variables, which is the timeout of session variables if a value is
not set with the <cfapplication...> tag. I believe this defaults to 20 minutes.

HTH.
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning