Heh.  I recently worked with a couple of programmers whose first
language was Spanish.  I've also cleaned up code in Russian.  You know
what?  It shouldn't frickin' matter.  Working with the Spanish-speakers,
we generally used Spanish stuff, with a few well-entrenched exceptions
(things we'd used in a large number of apps written by English
speakers).  If the coders can figure it out without too much trouble,
what does it matter?

Yep.  The mamager was a dork.  Especially since, IMHO, the end user
doesn't need to know what those things mean.  I mean, should they really
be twiddling with them?

--benD