I need some numbers.

We're going to be holding a conference coming up and we've been asked what
it would cost to hire a consultant to build a registration system. (We're
too busy to do it ourselves.) I have an idea of how long this would take us,
but I'm out of the loop on rates and time for hiring out.

It would need to track what sessions, meals, hotels etc. I recall from
previous ones that there were quirky things about having people share
available hotel rooms and being able to either designate a person they were
rooming with or select preferences like smoking to have a roommate matched.
And of course, it would need to have the views for administration to see
who/what/where/when.

I'm just looking for a ballpark figure right now to build it. This isn't an
RFP. If you've got ideas on price, what about building it for a one-shot
deal vs. something moderately reusable? Of course, around here reusability
is a joke since no two people want the same thing.

Thanks,

-Kevin