-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

What we have seen, though, coming out of it is that the US will not
(looking forward), stand idly by while such things happen in the future.

We know that the UN will continue to be perfectly willing to allow such
things to happen in the future, so the US will have to buck the UN on
each and every example, but I think we now have the resolve to do so.

I think the examples in the Balkans, and even somewhat in Iraq, and
Haiti, and the Ivory Coast show that, however slowly and reluctantly, we
will act even without help.

Jerry Johnson

---