That's pretty cool stuff. It seems what they're picking up on is
intentionality - willed or motivated movement.

Thee's going to be some very interesting side research coming out of this.
When we piggy-backed some hypnosis research on a larger study of people with
deep eeg probe implants, we got some very unusual results. Enough so that
jit considerably revised our ideas on the neuophysiological aspects of
hypnotic pain control.

The technology they're using in this report is far more advanced. The 3D eeg
maps they can create from the data should be considerably more detailed than
the ones we analyzed. I think I'll be watching this one very closely. One
possibility comes to mind is feedback. If a similar chip system was
implanted in the somatosensory strip, you may get very detailed tactile
feeback. The next two areas to look at I imagine are the visual and auditory
cortex. Eventually you could end up with the full jacking in of classic
cyberpunk.

larry

http://tinyurl.com/yqapb

And those of you who asserted that you'd jump at the opportunity as soon as
there was a brain implant that would let you control computers with your
mind, here's your chance!

-Kevin