They never mentioned White Wolf specifics in Underworld.

Hence White Wolf's suit failed.The judge determined that they were full
of sh** and could not claim copyright on archetypes which they
themselves used to develop their product. I think the reason they didn't
win the suit is because they didn't have as much money and influence as
Disney ;-).

The claim was actually brought by an author who thought her story set in
the WoD, and itself an adaptation of Romeo and Juliet, was used as the
script for Underworld.

The representation of Underworld with the Werewolves and the Vampires
was completely dissimilar to White Wolf. The only similarity was that
they both include Vampires and Werewolves living alongside humans.
Underworld never had the same backstory of the White Wolf world, nor was
it as tragicly depressing as that game world.

I'm very glad that it wasn't set in the 'World Of Darkness' universe. I
abhor that gaming environment.

-Gel