The more things I have to do the more I find that a list helps me.
  Are the things that come to you in a day interruptions that must be done
immediately?  Or are they things that can be scheduled?  If they are "drop
everything and do this" interruptions then time management / task software
probably won't be much help.

  Back when I had a real job (at a consulting firm), everything that came
through the door was "Drop everything and do this immediately."   ( even
though it had been sitting on the salesperson's desk for 5 weeks ).
  I, inadvertently, handled this situation by saying "If I do this, you
won't get this."  At least the sales folk could then make a decision and
know which client to "warn" about the deadline we were about to miss.  One
of my co-workers once theorized that I was more efficient than he because I
would give a cut and dry "x task or y task" instead of just saying "Okay"
to everything.

--
Jeffry Houser, Web Developer, Writer, Songwriter, Recording Engineer
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>