From: John Stanley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 10:31 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: PC Game and sound question

In gearing up my machine for Doom3 and HL2, I am wondering what to do
about
the sound. I am gonna get a good sound card, but because I dont have a
computer room, and I do have a wife and kids I am thinking seriously
about
getting wireless stereo headphones. All that I have for Pc speakers
right
now is the standard stuff, so I need to get something.

Anyone have any experience with good quality headphones versus 4 speaker
surround sound?

I know from personal experience that even playing the first Halflife
with
crappy headphones was a much better experience than the regular 2
speaker pc
setup. It was a much more scary game, that's for sure.

What do you guys think?

jOhn