Do you use Dreamweaver or Studio or something else? And thanks for the
information.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew W Jones [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 10:06 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [KCFusion] Yesterday's meeting

Now, using this previous stuff, I move my cool login/out circuit to another
application

We need to look at the map (fbx_switch)

I can now modify the variables in attributes.xfa (that stands for eXit
FuseAction for those wondering) if I want success or failure to go somewhere
else.

I would need to look in my query files and make sure they are hitting
accurate tables/fields

If I don't want to display something that I divided out, ie. display
messages in login action then i comment it out or remove it.

If I need to add some extra processing for "this site" I add an include in
the processing action, and I "still" have a map of this circuit, I can also
tell by the prefix, what type of logic is contained.

dsp_ display logic, very little, if any coldfusion logic.  Even then, only
logic that affects display.
act_ action pages, no display in here, just coldfusion logic
qry_ query pages, contains query(ies) and may contain query specific logic
url_ I don't use these but some do, for relocations
xxx_ you don't have to use these types if you don't want to, it just makes
life easier

Responding to:

Say I have a small circuit that is for logging a user in and out

I might have the fuseactions(the way you break up your fuseactions is up to
you):

login   (just a login form)
process (process the login)
logout  (process the logout)
forgot  (display the forgotten password form)
process         (Database Manipulation)
processforgotten (process the forgotten password)

My fbx_Switch.cfm might look like this:

<cfswitch expression = "#fusebox.fuseaction#">
  <cfcase value="home,main,login">
    <cfset attributes.xfa.submit = "loginout.process"> <--- identifies where
my form will go
    <cfinclude template="dsp_corporate_info.cfm">  <--- some display crap
    <cfinclude template="dsp_messages.cfm">        <--- display any messages

    <cfinclude template="dsp_login_form.cfm">      <--- display form
  </cfcase>

  <cfcase value="process">
    <cfset attributes.xfa.failedlogin = "loginout.login">               <---
identifies where I will go on failure
    <cfset attributes.xfa.successfullogin = "mymainapp.home">   <---
identifies where I will go on success
    <cfinclude template="act_login_validate.cfm">                       <---
Server side validation
    <cfinclude template="qry_login.cfm">
<--- query for login
    <cfinclude template="act_set_login.cfm">                            <---
set up whatever vars i need to set up for login
  </cfcase>

  <cfcase value="logout">
    <cfset attributes.xfa.failedlogout = "loginout.login">              <---
identifies where I will go on failure
    <cfset attributes.xfa.successfullogout = "loginout.login">  <---
identifies where I will go on success
    <cfinclude template="act_logout.cfm">
<--- performs logout process
  </cfcase>

  <cfcase value="forgot">
    <cfinclude template="dsp_forgot.cfm">
<--- display my forgotten form
  </cfcase>

  <cfcase value="processforgotten">
    <cfset attributes.xfa.failedforgotten = "loginout.login">   <---
identifies where I will go on failure
    <cfset attributes.xfa.successfulforgotten = "loginout.login"> <---
identifies where I will go on success
    <cfinclude template="act_forgot_validate.cfm">                      <---
server side validation of form
    <cfinclude template="qry_forgot.cfm">
<--- query for forgotten info
    <cfinclude template="act_email_forgot.cfm">                         <---
email information
  </cfcase>

  <cfdefaultcase>
        <cfoutput>
         I received a fuseaction called <B><FONT
COLOR="000066">"#fusebox.fuseaction#"</FONT></B> that circuit <B><FONT
COLOR="000066">"#fusebox.circuit#"</FONT></B> doesn't have a handler for.
        </cfoutput>
  </cfdefaultcase>

</cfswitch>

more to follow...