What about it "breaking" with future versions of ColdFusion? Is that a
concern or not?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Hartwich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 9:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [KCFusion] Yesterday's meeting

After listening to Matthew discuss Fusebox 3.0, I would recommend using
it.  One of the most disconcerting aspects of my job is the lack of a
standard programming style.  My background is in Mechanical Engineering,
and while I have a significant amount of programming experience and
college level training, I have very little experience in 'standard'
programming methodologies.  Sure, I understand top down, bottom up,
etc., but working in a very small casual non IT company has not helped
foster proper programming styles.  With an obvious learning curve and
adjustment period, I think Fusebox could be a significant benefit to
people.  Even if your organization decides to not use Fusebox 3.0, you
might gain some significant benefits by learning and using parts of the
specification.

FYI, It sounds like Fusebox 3.0 has enough significant changes and
enhancements over the older 1, 2, 2 extended versions that if you are
going to start programming, do so using 3.0 only.

Ryan