All ocean modelers report pH at in situ conditions. Some ocean observers report pH corrected to 25°C, but when doing so they often call that pH25. Many ocean observationalists report in situ pH, for example from data collected on buoys or ARGO floats equiped with pH sensors.

Would it make sense to define pH25 as another CF variable in addition to the current pH variable (in situ pH)? These variables may be considered as different as in situ temperature and potential temperature.

regards,

Jim