Hi Paul, Roy, et al.,

A couple of points regarding fugacity.

1) In the proposed definition of fugacity, the first sentence could be misunderstood. I suggest changing it to the following:

The fugacity is the measured pressure (or partial pressure) of a real gas corrected for the intermolecular forces of that gas, which allows that corrected quantity to be treated like the pressure of an ideal gas in the ideal gas equation PV = nRT.

2) The air-sea flux of a gas does not depend on its fugacity, only its partial pressure (i.e., in both the atmosphere and ocean).

Cheers,

Jim