From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2000 3:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Client Storage: registry or database

> Howdy all. Any pros/cons on way or the other about where to store
> client variables?

The registry is not a good place to store Client variables, which are
relatively volatile data. The registry is designed for storing data that
will be read often, but written infrequently. If you use more space than
allotted for the registry, you're machine will start crashing or generating
weird errors. The registry doesn't shrink itself after the data is gone,
either.

Databases, on the other hand, are ideal for storing volatile data.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444