From: Reuben King [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2000 1:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Programatically setting search path for custom tags

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BF9E30.91923440

------=_NextPart_001_0019_01BF9E30.91954180

I have been trying to find a good solution to this problem for years... Once
again, I am noodling over it.

I have a development server which multiple developers use. Each developer
has their own directory and we use Visual Source Safe. This way, developers
check in and out the files for the application we are all working on and use
their app server directory as their working directory. Finally, there is a
seperate directory for daily "builds" which we can show and tell.

This application uses custom tags heavily. Now, the way CF finds its custom
tags is either in the current directory of the calling template, or in the
directory specified in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Allaire\ColdFusion\CurrentVersion\CustomTags\CFM
LTagSearchPath

This is a problem. Either I have to organize all my CF files into one
directory, which sucks since this app is quite big, or I lose code
portability and version control by making all developers put their custom
tags in D:\CFUSION\CustomTags.

The question: IS THERE A WAY in an application.cfm file to set the custom
tag search path local to only the calling template? If I have directories
D:\Web_Root\rking\ and D:\Web_Root\yfeng, and each has an application.cfm
file (for the same app, just different working directories), then I want
each one to have ./customtags subdirectory, so that any template executed in
D:\Web_Root\rking would look first in D:\Web_Root\rking\customtags for a
custom tag if called and likewise in D:\Web_Root\yfeng would look in
D:\Web_Root\yfeng\customtags for a custom tag if called from within that
directory scope.

If only there were a CF variable I could set!

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

-RK

--

Reuben A. King -- Senior Web Consultant, Austin
Stonebridge Technologies

------=_NextPart_001_0019_01BF9E30.91954180

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P>I have been trying to find a good solution to this problem for =
years... Once=20
again, I am noodling over it.=20
<P>I have a development server which multiple developers use. Each =
developer has=20
their own directory and we use Visual Source Safe. This way, developers =
check in=20
and out the files for the application we are all working on and use =
their app=20
server directory as their working directory. Finally, there is a =
seperate=20
directory for daily "builds" which we can show and tell.=20
<P>This application uses custom tags heavily. Now, the way CF finds its =
custom=20
tags is either in the current directory of the calling template, or in =
the=20
directory specified in=20
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Allaire\ColdFusion\CurrentVersion\CustomTags\=
CFMLTagSearchPath=20

<P>This is a problem. Either I have to organize all my CF files into one =

directory, which sucks since this app is quite big, or I lose code =
portability=20
and version control by making all developers put their custom tags in=20
D:\CFUSION\CustomTags.=20
<P>The question: IS THERE A WAY in an application.cfm file to set the =
custom tag=20
search path local to only the calling template? If I have directories=20
D:\Web_Root\rking\ and D:\Web_Root\yfeng, and each has an =
application.cfm file=20
(for the same app, just different working directories), then I want each =
one to=20
have ./customtags subdirectory, so that any template executed in=20
D:\Web_Root\rking would look first in D:\Web_Root\rking\customtags for a =
custom=20
tag if called and likewise in D:\Web_Root\yfeng would look in=20
D:\Web_Root\yfeng\customtags for a custom tag if called from within that =

directory scope.=20
<P>If only there were a CF variable I could set!=20
<P>Thanks in advance for any assistance!=20
<P>-RK=20
<P>
<P>
<P><BR></FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D1>--</FONT></P></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D1>Reuben A. King</FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D1> --=20
Senior Web Consultant, Austin</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D1>Stonebridge Technologies</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D1>Phone: (512) 418-8885 =
x3209</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D1>Mobile: (512) 970-0484</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D1>Email: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A></FONT></DIV=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0019_01BF9E30.91954180--

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BF9E30.91923440
        filename="Reuben A. King.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:King;Reuben;A.
FN:Reuben A. King
ORG:Stonebridge
TITLE:Area Leader
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(512) 418-8885 x3209
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(512) 989-7201
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(512) 970-0484
TEL;PAGER;VOICE:(512) 370-7439
TEL;WORK;FAX:(512) 989-7202
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:;Austin;8303 Mopac =
Expwy=3D0D=3D0ASuite B-330;Austin;TX;78759;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Austin=3D0D=3D0A8303 Mopac =
Expwy=3D0D=3D0ASuite B-330=3D0D=3D0AAustin, TX 78759=3D0D=3D0AUSA
ADR;HOME:;;817 Black Locust Dr;Pflugerville;TX;78660;United States of =
America
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:817 Black Locust =
Dr=3D0D=3D0APflugerville, TX 78660=3D0D=3D0AUnited States of Americ=3D
URL:http://www.sbti.com
BDAY:19710521
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
REV:20000331T205054Z