From: Pecora, James [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 12:30 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Programatically setting search path for custom tags

OK - (seriously) can I get a show of hands (via email) of thos developers
who think the ability to specify the path to a custom tag would be a good
feature - specifically NOT using cf module...and here's why.

I like the ability to call a custom tag inside a site, while having that
sites/apps structure NOT rely on any specific hosting provider. So if I
create and or use custom tags and keep them in a central place for use
througout the site I need to use cfmodule and provide attributes.

My problem with this solution comes in the form of writing VTML dialog boxes
for easy implementation. The minute you call the tag in cfmodule and then
you want to go back and edit it (using the VTML dialog box, or tag insight
you wrote) you can't because the tag now is a cfmodule tag and thus uses teh
cfmodule VTML file..

Does anyone else see this as a problem???

Thanks
James