From: Stephen Garrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: Using CFX_Excel

I can only guess, but...

This tag may not be thread safe. Since it is a DLL and if multiple
accesses were to occur while the DLL was "active", I could see this
happening. I've been using the tag but the volume is low, and thus
have never seen it.

I guess the safest way around this would be to use an exclusive lock,
server wide on this tag. And probably the best way would be to
encapsulate the CFX_EXCEL tag within your own tag, and put the CFLOCK
in there.

Let us know if this helps!

Steve

At 07:57 AM 4/6/2000 -0500, Dave Hannum wrote:
>Good Morning,
>
>Are there any known issues surrounding the use of the CFX_Excel tags?  I'm
using it for several applications now, and I was
>wondering if there are any issues to be aware of - like, how many
concurrent calls to Excel can it handle?  The reason I've asked is
>that two days in a row, Excel on our server caused a "kernel32.dll" error
and locked the server.  Now, assuming that nothing is
>hosed up in Windows NT (we all know that never happens) and the Excel
install is A-OK (which it seems to have been to the point the
>problems started) - what are the possibilities?  I'm wondering if too much
traffic on the tag/application combo might be the
>culprit?  Also, can you do a CFLOCK to avoid this problem?  Any thoughts?
>
>Thanks,
>Dave
>

>=================================
>"Technology" is stuff that was invented after
>you were born.
>
>David Hannum
>Web Analyst/Programmer
>Ohio University