> I have been looking at Fusebox
> and I guess that I am a bit confused as to what it is and why I should use
> it over some other set of standards?

The point of fusebox is... "what other set of standards"?  The bigger scheme
of things is, if you develop the killer calendar app, based on your shops
"standards" and a fusebox based shop wants to use it/buy it / license and
debug it... they need to "learn your standard coding practices".  If the
same killer calendar app was already designed to utilize fb code standards,
their people could easily integrate your app into their other coding.  Also,
put that same scenerio in with a large client that has in-house development
going on and they want to contract you to do a certain part of their overall
cf system.  do they want your code standards, and shop b's standards, and in
house fusebox standards?  Probably not.

There is is a bit of talk on [EMAIL PROTECTED] regarding reatifying
the fb syandarsd to get a formalized/unified standard that hopefully will
ultimately include "the best of the best" methodologies.  If you disagree
with what the spec's fb methods are - speak up and advise how they should be
changed and improved for the better.

As a business owner, it seems it'd make hiring a bit easier as well, as you
would have some level of basis for assessing a skillset of a prospect.
(minor side effect) but good one nonetheless.

Some of my opinions on it..... FWIW,

Stephen M. Aylor
Aylor Insurance Agency, Inc.
"Specialized Insurance for IT - We Cover IT"
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
949.581.2333 (v)
949.581.2814 (f)