> > As you saw, what Lon wrote is incorrect.  Cookie.expires refers to a
> > cookie named expires, not to the 'expires' property of a cookie.
> >
> > On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 23:14:06 -0400 Bud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > writes:
> > On 4/14/00, Lon Lentz penned:
> > >  Just refer to the name of the attribute you want to use -
> > >#cookie.name_of_attribute#
> >
> > That doesn't work. cookie.expires returns an error.
> > cookie.cookiename.expires returns an error.
>
> Then Allaire's Fast Track training book is rather misleading. It
> states that you can access a cookie through that convention.

I'm kind of curious where it says that; I've been teaching the course for
the last couple of years, but haven't seen anything that I'd interpret to
mean that a cookie has more than one property - its value - available. In
any case, from the CF perspective, cookies are simply a scope to which
simple variables may belong.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496