> From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
>> Then Allaire's Fast Track training book is rather misleading. It
>> states that you can access a cookie through that convention.
>
> I'm kind of curious where it says that; I've been teaching the course for
> the last couple of years, but haven't seen anything that I'd interpret to
> mean that a cookie has more than one property - its value - available. In
> any case, from the CF perspective, cookies are simply a scope to which
> simple variables may belong.

  It seems then that I assumed too much. I figured if CF writes it, then CF
should have access to all of it. If the client sends the cookie back with
every http request, CF should have a way of accessing the cookie's
attributes.

  Page 11-5: "...You would access a cookie simply by using it and prefixing
it with the Cookie  prefix."

  There's nothing there stipulating that the attribute values (other than
name and value) are not available. Perhaps adding the word "value" or
"variable" after cookie above might have made it a little clearer. Or an
outright statement that the other 4 attributes are write only.

  Silly me.

Lon Lentz
Applications Developer - GetLists.Com
DataWarehousing and List Sales - Market your lists on the Net!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
941-541-9000 Ext. 210