> Recently I posted a question I had to the list
> and no one responded. Not a big deal, everyone
> has a life. Today the owner of the company I
> work at brought me a copy of an email he
> recieved from someone on this list... it
> basically said that the programmer he had hired
> was unable to accomplish a minor task like the
> one I mentioned, and he had, out of the goodness
> of his heart, searched out the company to offer
> his skills

Wow, that's pretty harsh. I've been approached backchannel by people on
other lists who, having been lost in the sea of cf-talk, have written me
directly for advice since they associate me with CF evangelism :). In a
recent instance someone asked for help to do something in CF that a
developer had declared to be "impossible in CF" and then demanded that they
switch to ASP. I tried to be objective, explained how it could be done, and
indicated that their current developer needed to do a little more studying
about CF before dumping it. I even worried about saying THAT, since it could
have been misconstrued.

Chris Lott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,  Technical Manager
p907.474.5122  |  f907.474.5402  |  PGP Key ID: 0x8687E87E