> > > 1) The USERAGENT param to CFHTTP did not become available
> > >  until CF4.5.  I don't believe trying to set the user agent
> > >  via CFHTTPPARAM in earlier version of CF will accomplish
> > >  the desired effect. If you're not at 4.5, upgrade, then use
> > >  CFHTTP USERAGENT=...
> >
> > Actually, you can pass the desired user agent with CFHTTPPARAM.
> > You can pass any of the CGI variables normally sent by the browser
> > using CFHTTPPARAM; you just have to leave off the "HTTP_" part:
> >
> > <CFHTTP URL="http://whatever.com"
> >     METHOD="POST">
> >
> >     <CFHTTPPARAM TYPE="CGI" NAME="USER_AGENT" VALUE="Mozilla 9.0">
> >
> > </CFHTTP>
>
> That, indeed, does the job....
>
> My questiion is how do you know this... I found nothing in the Docs.

I know this because I've tried it. That's one of the nice things about using
CF; if you want to know what will happen if you do something, you can just
try it out and see. I turned on debugging, played around with variables, and
found this out.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496