Here's my situation.  The client wants support for disaster and fail over
on both the web server and database side.

Specifically, they want the cold fusion app to be able to dynamically point
to the backup database if the primary one is down.  The snippet that was I
given as a sample polls the databases in the Application.cfm file as follows:

    Run test query on primary database
    if query is successful
        set application.dsn to primary
    else
        run test query on secondary
        if query is successful
           set application.dsn to secondary
        else
            return error message
        endif
     endif

My concern is for the efficiency and load implications of this.  Will this
slow my app down substantially?  Would running this snippet every minute or
so as a background task be better?  Is there a better way?

Thanks,

Noel Rappin

Noel Rappin ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Echobridge