From: Brandon Whitaker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2000 12:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: What happened to this list?

>This is a good idea, as long as people don't get carried away.  People tend
>abuse such power, a la, Salem Witch Hunt Trials.  My analogy is a bit
>extreme maybe, but overall you have a good idea.

Given the litigious society we live in at the moment, I don't know whether
anyone would want to open themselves up to a libel/slander/defamation of
character suit...of course it's hard to see how anyone could have the nerve
to press a suit like that, but then again weirder things happen in the
courts every day.  And anyone who was weasel enough to have done this in the
first place certainly has low enough moral standards to whine to the nearest
attorney (who will undoubtably drool at the prospect of the media frenzy to
be had in an INTERNET LAWSUIT......)

Now on the other hand, if anyone knows any Sicilians of the sort favored by
Mario Puzo, perhaps a more appropriate & expedient punishment could be found
for the offender...

Brandon Whitaker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-------
"It'll get used by the same people using Opera.  People dressed in black
wearing berets."
- Dave Watts, on Mozilla
"The net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it."
- John Gilmore