> Well, to be accurate, command.com would have to be able to delete itself,
> wouldn't it? Not that I'm going to try delete it to check.... Besides, the
> deletion method that you're talking about would require windows, since it
> is windows that controls the deletion. That would still be programs
> necessary to delete the virus.

Your not thinking "outside the box". Windows is just a software program
itself. You can delete your command.com file right now and it will throw it
into the recycle bin like any other file... try it (you can then restore it
again). I thought command.com was just a gateway to DOS from the Windows
environment anyway. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. It's a safe bet
that if you can think it, it can be done.