Yeah, without FoxPro it becomes much more difficult to figure out what is
happening.  You are correct, the database container contains the complete
structure of all the tables in the database.  It also contains any
relationships between the tables and any triggers.

Have you tried to have the client send you a copy of the table structure?  I
would have them do the following in FoxPro:

USE <tablename> IN 0
SELECT <tablename>
LIST STRUCTURE NOCONSOLE TO FILE <filename>

Then have them send you the file created in the 3rd step.  You should get
something similar to the following:

Structure for table:    D:\WORKING\WORK2\TEMP1.DBF
Number of data records: 117
Date of last update:    12/13/1999
Code Page:              1252
Field  Field Name      Type                Width    Dec   Index   Collate
Nulls
    1  CUSTNO          Character               6
No
    2  CHECKNO         Character               6
No
    3  TRANSDATE       Date                    8
No
    4  PAYEE           Character              40
No
    5  AMOUNT          Numeric                 9      2
No
    6  JOBNO           Character               6
No
    7  TYPE            Character               1
No
** Total **                                   77

What you are looking for is your field and it's type.  Make sure it is
"Logical".  The field has to be a Logical field to accept true and false.

Bill Grover
Supervisor IS Department        Phone:  301.424.3300 x396
EU Services, Inc.                       FAX:      301.424.3300 x1396#
649 North Horners Lane          E-Mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rockville, MD 20850-1299        WWW:      www.euservices.com