A couple of thoughts: What MDAC driver version are you running?  Make sure
you are at least at 2.1.  Some of the older drivers had bugs.  Which FoxPro
driver are you using for the ODBC connection?  If you have upgraded your
MDAC drivers you might have a "Microsoft FoxPro" driver and a "Microsoft
Visual FoxPro" driver.  Use the "Microsoft Visual Foxpro" driver.  The other
driver is VERY flaky.  Finally make sure you have selected either the
Database or free table option properly.  If the table you are accessing is
part of a database then you must select the database.

Hope this helps.

Bill Grover
Supervisor IS Department        Phone:  301.424.3300 x396
EU Services, Inc.                       FAX:      301.424.3300 x1396#
649 North Horners Lane          E-Mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rockville, MD 20850-1299        WWW:      www.euservices.com