> Is there any way to "refresh" a session variable's timeout
> countdown so that when a user accesses a page the timeout
> is reset back to whatever I had it set to in Application.cfm?
>
> For example, my session variables timeout is currently set to
> 30 minutes for security reasons. But I have some users who use
> this site all day long. I'd like to prevent having these power
> users from having to log back in every 30 minutes. As long as
> they access any page in the site within the 30 minute window,
> I'd like the 30-minute countdown to reset back to 30. Possible?

Actually, that's how session variables work now. The timeout period is the
maximum allowed amount of inactivity between page requests. So, if your user
requests a page every 25 minutes for 8 hours, that user's session will
continue for 8 hours, until they wait more than 30 minutes to request
another page.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496