Is there a enterprise solution for standardizing file and variable case size
when moving from cf on nt to unix?

-Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2000 6:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: <CF_Headache> and IIS

> Does anyone know of a way to have CF interact with IIS?
> Basically, what I am trying to do is make a CF app. that
> will set up the directories and paths and settings in IIS
> to get a web site up and going, 100% configured, without
> using the IIS management console. I'm sure there's a way to
> do it .. just not sure how to approach the problem.

You might want to look at the HTML interface that you can install with IIS.
It uses ADSI from ASP; ADSI is the interface you can use to do all this
nifty stuff. When you install IIS, in addition to the HTML management
interface, you'll get a bunch of WSH scripts to do different management
tasks.

The bad news is that you can't use CFOBJECT to work effectively with ADSI.
If you want to use ADSI from CF, you'll have to write wrappers in WSH or VB
or your compiler of choice. This isn't especially difficult, but it is
tedious.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496