Mark,

Check this out.  It came through a couple days ago from the Javascript
Update list:

======
Forms -> Limit Textarea

http://forms.javascriptsource.com/limit-textarea.html

1.37 KB * Uploaded May 22 2000

 This script controls a maximum textarea input amount and updates a
small counter with how many characters are left with each keystroke.

(Dynamic fix update now allows you to use this script in multiple
textboxes on a page.)
======

Hope that helps.

Chris Montgomery              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
:: Web development/Consulting  http://www.astutia.com ::
:: Allaire Consulting Partner / NetObjects Reseller   ::
:: 210-490-3249 / 888-745-7603 Fax 210-490-4692       ::
:: Find a Job in San Antonio   http://www.sajobnet.com::