I have a very interesting issue I would like to ask you all about. At work,
we recently released a "poll" program that allows people to choose what type
of job they would like to get. Sort of like pre-applying for either a
new/your current job (hey, I dont come up with these ideas, I just implement
em for the business folks!)

Now here is the problem; We released this to the public yesterday. It seems
to work great, but early this morning the errors rolled in. LOTS OF EM.
After some diagnosing, we determined all the errors we related to one
problem, session variables. To protect infomation (specifically employee
numbers) we pass them via session variables. On every page, we run queries
against Sybase to pull their name, infomation, etc. Now the problem is that
people are "jumping" sessions. So user A will see user B information. It
seems consistent, so you dont switch users from page to page, maybe once in
the session, but from then on, you remain this other user. When we first saw
this problem, we attempted reducing the session timeout to no avail. The
sessions are all locked already and it is not experiencing any real load. We
are running Solaris with Netscape Enterprise Server and Cold Fusion 4.0
installed on the same box. The database is a massive Sybase system running
on its own environment. Sessions are being done without URL variables. This
is the ONLY thing we are storing in the session variable. This is a real
concern and its very important that we solve this as some people in the
company are already fighting against Cold Fusion in favor of Java and this
error makes CF look awful as it was a high profile failure. I contacted
Allaire only to be told to open a ticket and have posted a message on the
forums with a few responses but no solutions. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks!!
Mike Grundvig

P.S. All people using the application are on NS 4.7 with cookies enabled.
This is all intranet based on Mac and PC systems, including NT.