<CFHEADER NAME="Cache-Control" VALUE="no-cache, must-revalidate">
<CFHEADER NAME="Last-Modified" VALUE="#dateformat(now(), 'ddd, dd mmm
yyyy')# timeformat(now(), 'HH:mm:ss') GMT#gmt#">
<CFHEADER NAME="Expires" VALUE="Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT">

Michael J. Sheldon
Internet Applications Developer
Phone: 480.699.1084
http://www.desertraven.com/
PGP Key Available on Request

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Grundvig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2000 07:38
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Jumping Sessions??

First off thanks for the responses and the suggestions thus far. To answer
the questions:

>>Is their a proxy server being used?

1. Not that I know of, but a proxy DOES reside on the intranet and I assume
it could be possible all web requests are going through it or through our
intranet firewall, even the local ones. Would a firewall cause the same
problem? I dont believe it does any sort of caching at all... If this is
possible, can someone explain how it would happen as I need to pawn off why
it isnt Cold Fusions fault and really a network bug? My boss didnt like that
suggestion, in his opinion, he felt it was more likely that Cold Fusion just
isnt any good and this is a CF bug.

>>Are you running a cluster of servers by any chance?

2. No, we are not on a clustered environment.

>>The one time I've seen this happen was when the server admin didn't do a
>>complete uninstall of an earlier version of cf server before upgrading.
>>Somehow, there were two sets of session variables, and the variables
didn't
>>_really_ get set until the second time. (So, people had to double log in,
>>etc.)

3. No, we have never reinstalled the servers, this is a fresh installation.

Thanks again!

Mike Grundvig

P.S. Another thing to note is that we did encounter this once before using
the Broadvision programming language. Internal network only, we were not
able to duplicate this issue on the outside world. A call to allaire
concerning our problem did reveal the possibility that this is a CF bug and
that they did not have any direct suggestions without opening an "issue"
with them. Lets not get on that though, its a pet peeve ;)

the body.