Guys read this thread; it may help you out.  I have a feeling that the issue
you were having would have been answered if certain jedi masters weren't
away this week.

I have been having a problem with cflogin myself.  I believe it is close to
what Frank noted and this post provides a solution to my problem.  I haven't
yet implemented the fix (don't name your form fields j_username or
j_password, no matter what the docs say), but I think it is going to work.

Be careful of the wrapping.

http://webforums.macromedia.com/coldfusion/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=
375144&highlight_key=y&keyword1=cflogin

-Patti