>> Douglas,
>>
>> Is that right?  Maybe I misunderstood your message, but it doesn't seem
>> correct to me that opening a new window would open a new session with new
>> CFID and CFTOKEN values.  This is a big point of confusion in my office,
>> where some folks think of a session as an uninterrupted series of page
>> hits to a single site from a single browser window on a single computer.
>> In CF terms, though, any hit from a single computer will get the same
>> session vars until they expire.
>>
>> Please correct me if I'm wrong.

There's an interresting thing that happens with at least Internet Explorer
for Windows ( I'm not sure if it's browser, OS or version specific ) where
you get a new session ( new cfid and cftoken ) if you open a new window from
the desktop or launch bar, instead of using ctrl+n or the file menu to spawn
a new window. Not sure exactly why it works this way, but I know it happens,
'cause I do it frequently. :)

Isaac Dealey
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer

www.turnkey.to