For the love of all that's holy and good, say after me...DTS.

SQL2000 has a wonderful set of tools that let you pull and push data around.

And you can schedule them. And you can even get CF to trigger the DTS packages.  But
for simple scheduling, stick with what SQLServer 2000 has avialable. It will get you
there easily (as in point and click through 5 screens easily).

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/29/02 11:17AM >>>
I am going to have to import a fixed length text file into a database. It will be
scheduled to happen everyday in the AM. The file could be around 7 or more megs. I
have CF 5 on its own box and a SQL 2000 on another.

This is what I thought I should do. I will dump the table of the previous days info,
open the file with CF and some how loop over its contents and insert into the table.
Should I even attempt to do this with CF or see if there is something in SQL 2000 that
could handle it better/faster?

Thanks,

Phillip Broussard
Tracker Marine Group