From: "Jerry Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: Suggestions on importing fixed length file into database

> For the love of all that's holy and good, say after me...DTS.
>
> SQL2000 has a wonderful set of tools that let you pull and push data
around.

> And you can schedule them. And you can even get CF to trigger the DTS
packages.  But for simple scheduling, stick with what SQLServer 2000 has
avialable. It will get you there easily (as in point and click through 5
screens easily).

> Jerry Johnson

> I am going to have to import a fixed length text file into a database. It
will be scheduled to happen everyday in the AM. The file could be around 7
or more megs. I have CF 5 on its own box and a SQL 2000 on another.

> This is what I thought I should do. I will dump the table of the previous
days info, open the file with CF and some how loop over its contents and
insert into the table. Should I even attempt to do this with CF or see if
there is something in SQL 2000 that could handle it better/faster?