We use the trick of replacing the ampersands and question marks in a URL
with slashes in order to have our website indexed by search engines.
Instead of having the URL appear as:

MySite.cfm?VarName=Value

it appears as

MyPage.cfm/VarName/Value

This works extremely well in CF5 on IIS5 (patched to the hilt). The
functionality happened, as I recall, out of the box. We saw the method
recommended in fusebox and adopted it.

We are now configuring CFMX on a development server, and all of a sudden
it is broken. We never ran CF5 on this server as a control, so it could
be IIS that is misconfigured or has a patch that stops this behavior,
although we just built out another CF5 server on a fully patched IIS
install and had no problems.

There is a third party ISAPI filter that will do this in IIS, but I'm
wondering what has happened to break this. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt