From: James Ang
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 4:13 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: SQL Question: Selecting and grouping by date

If you don't need to perform aggregation:

SELECT      Year(datetimefield) as YY, Month() as MM, Day(datetimefield)
as DD, *
FROM        yourtable
ORDER BY    YY, MM, DD

If you need to perform aggregation based on date (and not date AND
time):
SELECT      Year(datetimefield) as YY, Month() as MM, Day(datetimefield)
as DD,
            Count(1) AS RecordCountForThatDay
FROM        yourtable
GROUP BY    YY, MM, DD