> Is there a way to select the datepart(mydate,"mm/dd/yy")
> from MSSQL? I can only seem to return the Day, month or
> year, but not all three. The field contains date & time data
> and I am trying to group on the date part  but the time is
> throwing off the results.

I _think_ this will work ...

GROUP BY DATEPART(yyyy,mydatecolumn), DATEPART(dy,mydatecolumn)

but don't quote me...

You can also ( if necessary ) construct an alias column in a view which
would include only the date portion as such:

SELECT CONVERT(smalldatetime,
        (STR(DATEPART(mm,mydatecolumn)) + '/'
        + STR(DATEPART(dd,mydatecolumn)) + '/'
        + STR(DATEPART(yyyy,mydatecolumn)) ) ) AS DateAtMidnight

If you're using SQL Server 2000, you can create a user-defined function in
SQL server to encapsulate the above CONVERT() statement to make is easier,
that way you could say define the function as dbo.DateAtMidnight(@mydate)
and then use SELECT dbo.DateAtMidnight(mydatecolumn) in your query...

hth

Isaac Dealey
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer

www.turnkey.to