Hey All -

The marketing department of my company wanted to have a list of
directories with names of marketing contacts.
(http://www.mycompany.com/BillHenderson/, etc) I first set up a tool
using cfdirectory and cffile to create the directories and put the files
in them. I found that making changes to the files in the directories or
adding new directories or deleting the directories caused quite a lot of
problems, not to mention the clutter it caused in the root directory of
the site, so I came up with this idea, that does not actually use any
custom directories at all, and I want to know if anybody can see
possible security problems, server resource issues, etc.

1. The user enters the URL in browser with custom directory at the end

2. IIS catches the 404 error and uses a custom cfm template

3. The cfm template pulls the directory out of the url and checks it
against a list of names from a cached query

4. If it find a match, it cf_locations to a template with custom content
for the marketing contact

5. If no match is found, it cf_locations to the standard 404b.htm from
IIS.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Bill Henderson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]