Hey All,

I'm just in the beginning phases of figuring out how I am going to make it
hard (not bulletproof) for a user to print and image more than once.  Now
I'm open to how that image gets sent to the printer (as an image...in a Word
file....other ideas...just not in a PDF).

Requirements:
Netscape or IE (version 4 and up)
CF Server 5 Enterprise

Currently using CFX_Image to add text to a blank image file (gif of
jpeg...doesn't matter to me).

My thoughts so far:

I've looked at CF Comet and found a few methods of sending a Word file to
the printer.  That means I could drop the edited image into a Word doc and
fire that to the printer.  Now I suppose that if that method brings up the
printer dialogue box then the user could simply up the number of copies
(thoughts...comments).

I was thinking of having the image (or thumbnail of it...with right clicking
disabled) display in a pop-up window with a "print" link which would send
the proper file to the client's printer....close the pop-up....navigate the
main window to a new page and disable it's back button (not sure if I can
disable it in IE and Netscape).

That would take care of most average users.  There may be folks that would
try to work around it, but ultimately it's not too big of an issue if
someone did.

Thoughts? Comments? Cross browser crud? Links? Custom Tags?

Thanks in advance

Bryan Stevenson B.Comm.
VP & Director of E-Commerce Development
Electric Edge Systems Group Inc.