> Try this:
> ^[0-9]+$
> A string must start (^) with a number ([0-9]), at least one number must
> exist (+) and the string ends after one or more numbers ($).

Oooh oooh! ...

function IsNumeric(string) {
        return yesnoformat(REFind("^[0-9]$",string));
}

isnumeric("3") = yes
usnumeric("3,000") = no

Wow that would be useful... How come on one's thought of that before? :)

Sorry Mike... just poking a little geeky fun at your expense. :)

Although actually, if the field is supposed to be numeric you can make it a
little easier on some of the slower ( mentally ) users by eliminate dollar
signs, commas and decimals which are common formatting elements for money
values... which can be done with regex, although I think I would probably
wind up using replacelist

Isaac Dealey
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer

www.turnkey.to