I think that Flash components addresses this issue to an extent.

For example, at Flash forward, we built a simple application that loaded
data from data base and displayed it in a data grid component.

here is the code it took to display the data once it was loaded:

dataGrid.setDataProvider(data);

the rest of the code was just initialization code that is the same for
every movie using Flash Remoting. Oh yeah, we got the data from a simple
coldfusion component.

also, actionscript is at its core, just javascript, with additional
Flash specific APIs.

however, having said that, yes, there are ways we can improve the
learning curve. i am always open to any suggestions.

mike chambers

[EMAIL PROTECTED]