From: Jennifer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2000 4:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Slightly OT

At 12:07 PM 6/1/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone have experience with homesite?
>
>I need to recommend a SIMPLE wysiwyg editor to a customer of mine. Is
>Homesite Wysywyg or an HTML editor?, and if it's html, can anyone
>recommend a simple wys...editor BESIDES front page?

HomeSite is a great html text editor, but it's not so hot at WYSIWYN (which
might be what you are looking for-- most so-called WYSIWYG editors are
really WYSIWYN, like FrontPage). The only editor that I'm aware of that
would be a true WYSIWYG editor is NetObjects Fusion, but I have personally
never used it. From what I understand, it is true drag and drop: you drop
the images in the part of the page where you want the images to go and it
builds the necessary code to make the images go there. I have not seen what
this code looks like though. DreamWeaver is a really good editor. It has a
nice balance between text editing and design interface. It is probably not
as dummy-proof as FrontPage, but FrontPage is evil. We use DreamWeaver for
our html design editor and then the pages are handed off to the developers
who work in text editors. DreamWeaver seldom (if ever) breaks CFML, which
is very good for you.

the body.

the body.